Seattle Girls' School is a middle school (grades 5-8) committed to empowering young women to be leaders in their communities through a challenging academic program focused on collaboration, integration, and real-world problem solving. We are dedicated to inspiring each and every girl to live her potential by creating a diverse community of learners who are encouraged to be passionate, thoughtful, and respectful agents of change.
SGS is accredited by the Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools (PNAIS). In addition to promoting school improvement, there are many other benefits that come about as a result of accreditation:
- Accreditation assures parents and the general public that the school is focused on providing a safe and enriching learning environment while maintaining an efficient and effective operation;
- Accreditation provides school leadership with an independent, non-governmental validation that the school they oversee is effectively delivering a quality educational experience to its students;
- Accreditation eases the transition students face as they move from one accredited school to another by accepting the incoming student's credits and academic record;
- Accreditation provides education leaders at all levels with deserved recognition for going above and beyond the minimum to demonstrate their ongoing commitment to quality;
- Accreditation provides educators with valuable information about effective practices in other schools through participation on peer review teams.
SGS is a member of the National Coalition of Girls Schools and a charter affiliate member of the Online School for Girls, a consortium of schools dedicated to creating the best online courses for girls.