At A Glance
School Profile: 2012 - 2013
- SGS enrolls 104 girls in grades 5 through 8 from all around the greater Seattle area.
- Over 35% of SGS students are girls of color, with nearly 20% identifying as multi-racial.
Faculty and Staff:
- There are 13 full-time teachers, 3 part-time teachers and 14 staff members, maintaining a student-to-teacher ratio of 8:1.
- Seventy-two percent of our faculty members hold advanced degrees.
- SGS offers an integrated, project-based curriculum geared towards multiple learning styles.
- SGS also offers active Adventure and Wellness, Spanish, and Visual Art programs.
- SGS fields Cross Country and Soccer teams in the fall, Basketball and Snowboarding/Skiing in the winter, and Ultimate Frisbee in the spring.
- Bouldering is available year-round, and Rock Climbing is offered in the fall and spring.
- Wednesday Workshops are offered for three seven-week blocks, and include diverse classes such as cooking, welding, rock band, fashion design, and Glee.
- Tuition for the 2012-2013 school year is $22,500.
- SGS has committed to providing a minimum of 30% of its students with need-based financial aid.
- Thirty-nine percent of students were awarded financial aid for the 2012-2013 school year.
- Financial aid awards range from 10% to 90% of tuition, with an average grant size of $13,512.
- SGS has awarded over $5 million dollars in its 12-year history.
Accreditation and Memberships:
- SGS is an Accredited Member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools (PNAIS).
- SGS holds memberships with the National Coalition of Girls' Schools (NCGS) and the Washington Federation of Independent Schools (WFIS).
- Additionally, SGS is a charter affiliate member of the Online School for Girls, a consortium of schools dedicated to creating the best online courses for girls.