Seattle Girls’ School depends on financial support from parents, past parents, alumnae, faculty, staff, and friends to sustain and build our outstanding programs, provide at least 30% of our students with need-based financial aid, and positively impact Seattle and the community at large.
We work to secure charitable contributions for operation and enhancement purposes, enabling Seattle Girls’ School to fulfill its mission to inspire and develop courageous leaders who think independently, work collaboratively, learn joyfully, and champion change for years to come.
You can make a gift to SGS in the following ways:
- Online: Make a donation here through our secure website.
- Stock: To make a gift of stock or securities, click here »
- Mail: Make your check payable to Seattle Girls’ School and mail to 2706 S. Jackson St., Seattle, WA 98144
- Beneficiary: Think ahead and consider SGS in your estate plans. Gifts by bequest are simple to execute and, with SGS’ 501(c)(3) IRS status as an educational institution, there may ultimately be a reduction in estate taxes.
- Employer Match and Workplace Giving: Many companies have programs through which they will match the charitable contributions made by their employees. Through corporate gift matching, employers can multiply a donor’s gift to SGS. Your Human Resources department should provide you with a matching gift form to send to SGS. In addition, some companies offer a payroll deduction plan where employees can designate funds to SGS.
Why I give to SGS
Five years ago my daughter entered the 5th grade at SGS. She was an innocent, wide-eyed, slightly disheveled little girl – far from discovering her inner leader and just beginning to sense her moral compass, or so I thought.
Within the first week of school, I could already see the impact SGS had on her sense of self. Within the 1st year, the changes were profound. A few years later at her graduation, I looked at my little girl and in her place saw a grounded, inspiring, sophisticated young woman, comfortable in her own skin, with her own voice. Her moral compass is developed and her inner leader is guiding her into a bright, meaningful future.
Today she understands the power of standing up for what she believes in, and last year, she enjoyed a smooth transition as a freshman at Holy Names Academy. I’m so proud and feel so lucky to have found a community that helped me raise my daughter into the impressive person she is today (and to think… she’s only 15!).
Alum Parent (Class of 2013)
SGS Board Trustee
SGS is a 501(c)3 nonprofit and all donations are tax deductible to the extent of the law. Federal Tax Identification Number or EIN is 91-2007300.
SGS is so grateful to those of you who stretched to support the recent Campus Campaign. Thank you!
Because of your support, SGS now has:
– Updated classroom spaces – inlcuding cabinetry and learning tools
– Updated common areas that allow for SGS to display artifacts of learning
Members of the Leadership Circle support the unique educational opportunities at Seattle Girls’ School through substantial and ongoing contributions.
- SGS Leadership Circle – Those who give $1,000 or more to SGS annually will automatically be part of the SGS Leadership Circle. Members will be recognized based on their giving in the previous fiscal year.
- SGS Sustaining Leadership Circle – Those who pledge $1,000 or more, per year, for three to five years. The Sustaining Leadership Circle provides a reliable and ongoing source of income to SGS, allowing us to plan for years ahead and remain on the cutting edge of 21st century education.
Benefits of Membership
- Invitation to Culminating Events where students showcase their knowledge in the areas of leadership, stewardship, exploration, social change, and more.
- Invitation to Strategic Discussions about SGS’s current and future programs.
- Invitation to Pre-reception Events where you can build professional and social connections with other Leadership Circle members.
- Sustaining Leadership members will receive recognition in our Annual Report.
- Sustaining Leadership members will receive preferred seating at our annual luncheon.
Get Involved Today
Participating in the Leadership Circle gives you the opportunity to engage in the exciting work of SGS, build connections with others who are committed to the same goals, and contribute to the success and sustainability of SGS.
Are you interested in being part of a Leadership Circle dedicated to helping empower young women? Please contact us at 206-709-2228.
FINANCIAL AID ENDOWMENT
Start by reading our Case for Support for Need-Based Financial Aid.
Seattle Girls’ School passionately believes a family’s personal income should not be a barrier to a quality, dynamic, and inspiring education. Our financial-aid program embodies several of Seattle Girls’ School’s core values:
- Strong outreach to underrepresented communities
- Assurance of an economically diverse student body through our commitment to providing a minimum of 30% of the students with need-based financial aid
- Removal of barriers that may keep young women from fully achieving their potential
Seattle Girls’ School must raise over $600,000 each year to meet its financial-aid needs. To support this annual goal, SGS is in the process of raising $10 million for a long-term Financial Aid Endowment Fund. Through its yearly earnings, the endowment will help provide for the school’s financial-aid needs in perpetuity, sustaining our mission to serve a diverse population by ensuring our ongoing ability to distribute financial aid to families in need.
For more information on ways to make a significant difference in the life of Seattle Girls’ School through a gift to the Financial Aid Endowment Fund, please contact us 206-709-2228.
You may also help SGS by contributing items on our Wish List. Take a look at our Pinterest page for our garden, athletics, and classroom wish lists.
For more information, please contact us at (206) 709-2228.
Planned and deferred giving is a simple way to help assure Seattle Girls’ School’s future. Both tax benefits and lifetime income plans are available through planned-giving vehicles, using a variety of assets (land, stock, etc.). Planned gifts can help you save taxes, increase your income, pass more on to your heirs, and benefit Seattle Girls’ School, all at the same time.
Providing the opportunity for members in the community to support Seattle Girls’ School and receive financial benefit in return is the central premise of the School’s planned giving effort.
If you have already included Seattle Girls’ School in your estate planning or would like information on simple ways to do so, please contact us at 206-709-2228.
We know that future generations of SGS students will appreciate your careful planning and be thankful for your generous and thoughtful support of Seattle Girls’ School.
Thank you for your support!
Seattle Girls’ School is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your donation is fully tax-deductible within the limits of the law.