Tuition & Fees:
Tuition for the 2018-2019 school year is $27,325.
We offer payment plans which allow families to spread tuition payments over the year.
Tuition includes the following:
- 1-to-1 Laptop Program
- Affinity + Alliance Groups
- Community Association of Parents (CAP) membership
- Mentor Program
- Morning Care
- Scholars Club
- School field trips and overnight trips
Fees and Expenses not covered by the cost of tuition include the following, although financial aid may be available:
- After school athletics
- Some after school clubs such as Rock Band and Robotics
- After Care from 4:45 – 5:45 PM, at a rate of $15 a day
- 7th grade Washington DC trip, or the 8th grade Spanish immersion trip. These trips are optional and occur during mid-winter and spring break. These trips are offered in partnership with third parties, who offer scholarships that SGS students can apply for.
We recognize that the cost of a Seattle Girls’ School education is a factor for every family regardless of income level. We also believe that each family bears the primary responsibility for financing their child’s education to the extent to which they are able. To help families with the cost of this education we offer need-based financial aid. Financial aid grants are based on need, available funds, and number of applicants applying.
Financial Aid Application Process
All families applying for financial aid, both new and returning, must input their financial information into our financial aid platform on School & Student Services each year. You will be requested to input a school code, the Seattle Girls’ School code is 2546. The application fee is $49, based on your income level you may qualify for a waiver.
Please contact SGS before applying during the summer of 2018.
To enter your current financial information go to School & Student Services. It is required that all parents and guardians must submit their financial information.
Required documents to be uploaded:
- 2017 income documents. This includes W-2s, unemployment statements, and Social Security income statements.
- 2016 IRS Form 1040 and all schedules.
- 2017 IRS Form 4506-T. Complete lines 1-4 and sign. Do not submit the form to the IRS.
- 2017 tax returns if available
Deadline for fall 2019 new and returning applicant families: TBA, 2019.