Our mission is to inspire and develop courageous leaders who think independently, work collaboratively, learn joyfully, and champion change.
SGS Virtual Luncheon
Due to the public health crisis around COVID-19 we are shifting our Annual Luncheon to an online event of pre-recorded content. Welcome to our first annual Virtual Luncheon!
On April 3rd, we will unveil a virtual version of the wonderful celebration of students, supporters, and the SGS mission that we all love. In the days leading up to April 3rd we will launch a fundraising campaign for tuition assistance, offering support to those individuals who are often most affected in difficult financial times.
Rise Up: The Campaign for Seattle Girls’ School
SGS is rising up to build a permanent home and empower girls for generations to come. Learn more about Rise Up: A Campaign for Seattle Girls’ School.
What people are saying about Seattle Girls' School...
- "I feel that I've found myself ahead of the curve on a lot of social-justice based conversations because of the background and training I had at SGS."Piper Lewis, Class of 2004, Earlham College Graduate
- "SGS has inspired me to think about how I could make a difference and take a different point of view."6th grade student
- "SGS has inspired me to change the world, to persevere, to take some risks."7th grade student
- "Having attended SGS shaped my love for science and my ability to think creatively."Dani Nurick, Class of 2007, Graduate of Brandeis University
- "Seattle Girls' School was crucial to my interest in science."Anna Maria Coronata, Class of 2004, Wellesley College Graduate (B.S. Neuroscience)
- "SGS guided me in building a strong foundation for who I am and who I will become. I'm still figuring it out, but SGS gave me a confident start."Ravenna Napp-Shapiro, Class of 2007, Graduate of Prescott College
- "SGS has inspired me to be President one day. They have instilled in me the confidence that I can do anything."8th grade student
- "I am currently pursuing studies in a scientific field, as Mind Brain and Behavior is based in cognitive science and psychology. Studying any form of science would have never even crossed my mind had it not been for SGS."Salome Dewell, Class of 2008, Currently attending Bard College
- "SGS made such a huge difference in my life. I woke up every day excited to go to school. Every class was engaging and really fueled my love for learning."-Emerson Lynch, Class of 2007, Graduate of Smith College (Mathematics and Geoscience)
- "My favorite thing about SGS is that everyone has a chance to laugh in class. The learning here is incredible - you have a chance to CHANGE THE WORLD! You can be you."Current 7th grade student
- "SGS had a huge impact on my level of confidence, intelligence, drive and follow-through ability. It took several years to realize it but as I trace my steps backwards it seems that my education at SGS made the path to where I am today possible."Marita Phelps, Class of 2004, Howard University Graduate
- "SGS gave me the determination and confidence to know that all my goals, no matter how large or unordinary, are obtainable if I put my mind to it and give it my all."Erika Vranizan, Class of 2004, Western Washington University Graduate